Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Nov,28,2014,02:55:04PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pioneer Lofts Australia

Author Topic: VALE Percy Brown SEQ  (Read 3581 times)

Offline auld griz

• Global Moderator
  • FORUM STAR
  • Mac Fhionghuin
VALE Percy Brown SEQ
« on: Aug,11,2009,01:24:34PM »
It is with great sadness this morning that I announce the passing of Percy Brown. 86 yo retired pigeon fancier and W.W.II Veteran.

I first met Percy in 1993 when I moved from Brisbane Bayside to our present address in rural QLD.

A close friendship was quickly formed due to our mutal interest in racing pigeons. We became clubmates & tossing partners.

He taught me degrees of respect & humility with his relentless ability to clock a good pigeon weekend after weekend, a great conditioner of pigeons that would trap like lightening though fed their fill twice daily.

When Percy told the birds ' Get in '  they were in !  They would come to the loft on race day as if fired out of a gun, and appeared to go up a gear over the last several hundred meters before folding and pitching into the open door trapping section. If the birds did more than a half circle of the loft it was considered a bad trap !

I was fortunate enough to clock one of his 500 ml ( 800 km ) Fed. winners in the dark while he and his wife Anita attended a family wedding function...15 minutes later another pigeon...10 minutes later, a Blue Pied hen to take all pools Jack Pot & AOC.

These being the only club birds on the day of release.

A fortnight later he offered the Fed. winner ( 228 ) & the Pied hen for me to breed from that season, such a man was Percy.

Still, the Percy Brown blood plays an important roll in my stock loft with successes attributed from 80 mls - 800 mls.

He is survived by his wife Anita, numerous children & Grand children.

Rest in Peace my old mate

Respectfully

Mark & Pauline.
« Last Edit: Aug,12,2009,08:07:06PM by auld griz »
We Aw' hae a modern view O' Scotland and her tribal music, Clann An Drunna play frae the hert as did the Heilan Clanns frae lang Sine naethin was put oan paper but passed doon frae piper an' drummer ower the centuries an each an every yin had thire ain style.  Blaw Blaw ma' bonnie laddie an' beat the drum sairly tae waken oor memory O' them lang sine past.

Pauly

Re: VALE Percy Brown SEQ
« Reply #1 on: Aug,11,2009,07:56:36PM »
what sad news AG.... condolences to  all who know him...  :hug:

Offline Janek

• Legendary Poster
  • Ipswich Queensland.
« Reply #2 on: Aug,11,2009,09:01:50PM »
It was 30 years ago that I met Mr Brown. His daughter Jeanette lived across the road from us in Redbank Plains. His sons Rodney and Peter didn't live too far away either. Rodney back then was very successful with Modenas. I'd been to Mr Browns place on the Fernvale Lowood Rd a few times with Jeans family and the boys. The whole family were very friendly and funloving people. Real country folk. I went down the back and checked out his pigeons and we chatted for a while. That was 30 years ago, But it only seems like it was the weekend just gone. Unfortunately for Jeanette , his daughter, the last five years hasn't been real good. She lost her husband approx 5 years ago from an anurism and her daughter approx 2 years ago from cancer and now her Dad. I will be trying to make it to the funeral as I knew most of the family.
 My sincere condolences to all the family. :angel: :angel: :angel:

Jan Szmidt ( Janek)

Offline Charleton

• Stock Bird
  • BRISBANE
« Reply #3 on: Aug,11,2009,09:03:22PM »
Mark I am sorry to hear of your loss of an old mate

Sincerely
Charleton

Offline Indigo Rockhampton

• FORUM STAR
  • "Find The Hope"
    • Mount Jackson Lofts
« Reply #4 on: Aug,11,2009,09:05:52PM »
Sorry to hear the news AG , alot of good things have been said about the man . Now I know why the grizzle hen was mated to the BC tick eye cock .

Cheers Joe
Mount Jackson Lofts   http://www.mountjacksonlofts.com

Fortune favors the bold

Offline old blue cheq

• Legendary Poster
  • The Freak
« Reply #5 on: Aug,11,2009,09:08:32PM »
 Condolences to the Brown family, Percy the pigeon flyer was a feirce competitor and a staunch little man when he had an opinion at  our AGM's, But a man that would respect others as well, Had a great ability to train good pigeons right up until he retired from the sport, At 86 most would say he had a good innings , well that may be true but its always sad when the elders of our society pass on. RIP Percy.
Your birds are only as good as their next race.

Offline Randall Corby

• Administrator
  • FORUM STAR
  • You can only try !!!
« Reply #6 on: Aug,11,2009,09:49:03PM »
Sorry to hear about your old mate AG it's a sad time when a mate is lost to us.
Regards
Randall Corby

Offline auld griz

• Global Moderator
  • FORUM STAR
  • Mac Fhionghuin
« Reply #7 on: Aug,14,2009,02:42:46PM »

'' Soft falls eventide of life

Gently like the setting sun,

A hard lifes work is over

And a well earned rest is won.''

Anita & Percy's family would like to express their thanks to all those who made time to attend today.

We Aw' hae a modern view O' Scotland and her tribal music, Clann An Drunna play frae the hert as did the Heilan Clanns frae lang Sine naethin was put oan paper but passed doon frae piper an' drummer ower the centuries an each an every yin had thire ain style.  Blaw Blaw ma' bonnie laddie an' beat the drum sairly tae waken oor memory O' them lang sine past.

Offline Lady Flyer

• FORUM STAR
  • Can we play
« Reply #8 on: Aug,14,2009,10:46:11PM »
Condolences to the Brown family and friends sad to hear of anyone's passing. Jen & Henry
Do not take your precious life for granted as all too soon it is gone live life to the fullest and take each day as it comes

highlander

« Reply #9 on: Aug,15,2009,10:22:34AM »
Condolences to the Brown family,  R.I.P OLD MATE..

regards
ALEX & family

Offline wallaby bob

• In a league of their own
« Reply #10 on: Aug,15,2009,10:36:50AM »
Condolences to the Brown Family sorry to hear about you loosing your old mate Mark good friends are hard to find. Glad to see everything went ok the other day for the family. R.I.P. mate and I hope your flying up there is enjoyable for you.  Wallaby Bob :thumbsup:

Offline Monty Euroa, Vic

• Administrator
  • FORUM STAR
  • Jordyn my Grandaughter, my little helper
« Reply #11 on: Aug,17,2009,12:01:07AM »
I haven't had a look at the forum for a few days and am saddened to see that several old flyers have passed on. No doubt they all had many friends in and outside of our sport/hobby and will be missed by all who knew them. My condolences to all thier families and friends on the loss of thier loved ones and great mates.
If you don't have personal pride and integrity you have nothing